Friday, April 19, 2013

Meet the Instructors!

Welcome to the 2013 IUHPFL Brest blog! Here we will be posting weekly updates on all the activities of the stagiaires throughout the program. But with Orientation right around the corner, let's meet the team of instructors who will be spending the summer in Brest with the stagiaires!


MARK BLACK

I hail from eastern Wyoming at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. I have a B.A. and M.A. in French from the University of Wyoming, a licence degree from the Université de Rouen, and I am currently a Ph.D. student in French Linguistics at Indiana University. I have taught English in France and French in the U.S., at both the high school and university level. I enjoy French cinema and I have also at various times taken an interest in French music, which even resulted in me appearing on French TV on one occasion. I'm a lifelong baseball fan, and I'm more than halfway to my goal of attending a ballgame in every Major League city. Last year I was the financial coordinator and grammar instructor in Brest, and I will reprise the same roles this year.







RODICA FRIMU

Hello ! My name is Rodica and I was born in Moldova. I did my undergrad in the south of France and currently I am a PhD student in French linguistics at Indiana University. I am very excited to go back to France, since this is going to be my third year teaching with the Honors Program in Brest. I will teach culture and I will also be the logistics coordinator, which mainly involves the organization and preparation of excursions and other activities outside of class. I love crêpes and French dessertsJ I can’t wait to be in France with all the stagiaires! I am sure we will have a wonderful time.  À bientôt!








LOIC LERME

Hello everyone! My name is Loïc Lerme, I am currently completing my Master's degree in French literature at IU Bloomington and I have a four-year degree in anglophone literature from France. You must have
gathered now that I will be the literature teacher this year (as well as the Student Coordinator). I am French, from a town called Angoulême, not very far from Bordeaux. This is my first year working for IUHPFL but I have been teaching French language, culture and cinema for two
years at IU, I have also taught French to high school students in Northern Ireland for a year and English in France for several years. In my spare time, I love reading, dancing and traveling round the world -
I have lived four years in Africa with my family. A bientôt!



ALISHA REAVES

Hello everyone! My name is Alisha Reaves and I'll be the Public Relations Coordinator/French Linguistics Instructor for the Brest group this summer. That means I'll be maintaining this blog and keeping everyone updated on all the amazing activities that the stagiaires will be taking part in. I am originally from Woodbridge, VA, about 30 miles south of Washington, DC.  I received a BS in French and Linguistics from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA and an MA in International Affairs from The George Washington University. I taught English to middle school students in Anzin, France and currently teach French at IU.  I am just finishing my second year in the French Linguistics program at IU and will be continuing on to the PhD program in the fall. I love cooking, reading, and I'm learning to love running.  

No comments:

Post a Comment